Fixing An Unrecognized ForeCaddy Firmware Upgrade Tool
When launching the ForeCaddy Updater it is possible to run into the issue of the Firmware Upgrade Tool not being recognized.
This is not related to a faulty Firmware Upgrade Tool, but a missing machine update.
In order to solve this issue please follow the instructions below:
- Plug your Firmware Upgrade Device into your computer
- Navigate to your Windows Updates page by searching "check for updates" in the search bar at the bottom left of your desktop
- If you do not see a search bar press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Search > Show search box.
- Within the Windows Update page click the "Check for updates" button
- Once the initial check runs, an option should appear in blue labeled "View optional updates"
- Within "View optional updates" click the arrow next to "Driver Updates"
- Select every optional update that appears, and click "Download and install"
- After your computer installs these updates and the computer restarts, your Firmware Upgrade Tool should work without issue