If you have encountered an instance where your GC3 Battery is not holding a charge please walk through through the steps below to identify the cause:
Check The GC3 Power Supply Is Functional:
Confirm all connections are secure. The Power supply has three items that should be checked:
- The Wall Outlet Connection Point
- The Power Cable Connection to the Power Brick
- The DC Input from the Power Supply into the back of the GC3 Device
If the power supply is connected correctly points are secure, the issue may be related to the internal battery components. You will want to proceed to troubleshoot the device battery itself.
Confirm The Device Battery Is Charging:
There are two ways to confirm the battery is charging:
1. QUICK LAUNCH MENU: Touch the GC3 LCD Touch Screen to present the Quick Launch Menu. Here you will see the indicator on the bottom center showing if the battery is charging:
2. BATTERY SCREEN:
To view this open the Quick Launch Menu, Select SETTINGS > DIAGNOSTICS > BATTERY. From this screen you will be able to see if the battery is charging:
If the Battery is NOT showed as charging you would need to confirm the Power Supply is connected to the device correctly. If that has occurred then the issue may be due to a damaged port of the GC3 device or a damaged/failed battery. If you believe this to be the case please SUBMIT A SUPPORT REQUEST to setup a return for diagnosis and repair.
Confirm The Voltage Is Powerful Enough To Charge The Battery:
The last thing to note is if the voltage appears to be drastically incorrect compared to what would be expected while the device is on charge.
From the Battery Screen you should review the voltage reading. This indicates the current voltage on the battery while in use.
- A Battery Voltage that is ~8.4 would be a battery that just came off of charge, and is at 100% charge, or a battery while the device is plugged into the power supply and is successfully charging.
- If the Battery Voltage shows ~6.5 and has been on charge for the complete charge time (3-4 hours) than it would indicate that there is an issue with the battery installed in the GC3 device.
If the Battery Voltage appears incorrect, but the device shows as Charging this may indicate a failed battery. If you believe this to be the case please SUBMIT A SUPPORT REQUEST to setup a return for diagnosis and repair.