Netplay requires the following:
- Both users having the EXACT same version of FSX
- Both users having the EXACT same version of the course being hosted
- Both users have disabled local windows and network file walls, or allowed the following acceptations: 1) api.foresightsports.com & 2) port 80 or port 443 which are the standard http/https ports.
- Both users allowing port forwarding (which is different from opening ports on your router).
To allow port forwarding:
Please have a customer that is unable to see any games on the server try the following:
- Access their router settings. This is typically done from a PC on the network by typing in the router IP into your web browser.
- Locate section for Port Forwarding. This is different for every router so it is not possible for Foresight Sports to provide instructions, however it should be fairly easy to locate inside your router settings page. If you are unable to locate, there should be plenty of resources on Google to assist as long as you know the make and model of the router.
- Set up Port Forwarding for UDP Ports 25000, 25001, and 25002. Click to see an example for reference. The Private IP address will be the IP for the computer using NetPlay.