This guide is to assist with trouble shooting network issues from a device stand point. The network is required for the following:
- Device Registration
- Device Validation
- Purchased Feature Add-ons
- Region Confirmations
Should you have an issue with any of the above please follow the steps below:
1. Confirm the device is connected correctly to a network with internet access
2. Confirm the connection type is working correctly. See your specific product support page to trouble should proper network connection methods.
3. Attempt a different network connection method to confirm the issue is not related to a connection type
4. Attempt a different network entirely to confirm the device is not the cause of your issue.
5. If you are able to narrow the results to confirm your local network is the cause be sure the following is correct:
- Disable local windows and network firewalls
- Allow the following exceptions on both Windows Operating System of your Computer and Network Firewalls if disabling is not an option:
2) port 80 and port 443 which are the standard http/https ports.