Confirming The Ball Remains Locked Up Until Impact
If you are experiencing Ball Lock, Missed Shots, or No Data once a ball is struck please see below:
The device must remain locked onto the ball the entire way through your swing up until the ball is impacted. If the ball at any point of your preparation or swing becomes unlocked this will cause a missed shot.
Be sure to monitor the Ball Lock light on the center of the GCHawk and be sure it remains Solid. A blinking light indicates the device is actively looking for a ball to lock onto. You can also monitor the ball lock indicator within the software. It is located in the upper left of the UI.
If your shot is not being tracked, it is possible that ball lock is being broken before the club is impacting the ball.
1. If the mat is not properly anchored, it could shift while a golfer is attempting to track shots. This could cause a 'break' in ball lock and subsequently not allow the device to capture data. The best way to anchor the mat is to use double-sided carpet tape or to use bolts to screw the mat tray down into your flooring.
2. The mat type you have may allow for turf movement, as you swing the ball is moved based upon your body movement on the hitting surface. If this is the case you should test the device by removing the mat for a moment and hitting a shot. If the device captures a shot that it normally would not be able to this would indicate the hitting mat is allowing too much movement.
GCHawk Club Data Not Being Collected:
This requires the device to have purchased the club data feature. If you have not yet purchased the club feature for the GCHawk, please contact your salesperson to request pricing.
If you have purchased this you will need to confirm the following:
1. Is the GCHawk set to receive the Ball Data or Club Data in the software. This can be adjusted from within the Devices screen in the software settings.
2. Had the club markers been placed on your club? If not, you will want to do that first and then try again.
3. Had your club markers been dulled through use, or placed in the wrong locations? Be sure to replace all club markers per the Club Marker Placement Guide and try again.
If you have continued issues please be sure to review the other trouble shooting guides that appear relevant to the issue you are encountering.