Before you get to far along, the information below is for older versions of the Original FSX Software. We recommend you update to the latest version of the Original FSX Software before proceeding. Once updated be sure to test to see if you problem has been resolved:
(Please note that FSX 2018 and FSX 2020 have separate interface instructions and installation updates.)
If the issue continues please attempt to resolve using the steps below:
- Connect the Quad to the computer with the USB cable
- Open the FSX software, open the devices windows, drag your GCQ to connect to the device.
- Then press the disconnect button and drag the Quad back to the Available Devices box
- Disconnect the Quad from the USB cable and refresh the Available Devices. Make sure the Quad goes away
- Reconnect the Quad to the USB and refresh the Available Devices box. Make sure the Quad comes back
- Drag the Quad back to the Right Hand Connected box and then open Play, Compete, or Improve mode to test if the data is transferring.
If you have a GC2 connected to the computer please disconnect and test again without that device connected.
Should the issue persist you may need to restart the computer to refresh the connections before you can get the Quad connected.