GC2 Operating Temperature Range: Between 32F to 131F ambient (0 to 55C)
- The internal temp of the GC2 is is 10F greater than ambient temperature.
- Failure happens at around 160F internal
(Published: PM - Nov 11, 2013)
GC2 NOT WORKING DUE TO COLD TEMPERATURE AND CONDENSATION?
From what we have seen the device will begin to register shots when it is acclimated to a temperature of 0 Celsius (32 degrees F):
- We have tested based off of similar reports in house by freezing a device and then testing while it powers on. The internal temperature of the device will begin to function as expected when the components warm up to 0 Celsius.
Another aspect to note is that as the device warms up it may produce condensation, causing the IR window to become foggy and not locate the ball correctly, or also the lenses may become foggy and not register the shot:
- We recommend to use compressed air to clear the lenses of any condensation or fog, and also to use a tissue to clean the IR window of the same. If possible, give the device about 30 minutes to warm up, especially when left in extremely cold conditions overnight, such as an unheated room while the outdoor temperature is very cold. This will allow the device to be used under the proper conditions when needed.
If the problem persist and you would still like to have the devices returned for inspection:
- Please note: we cannot guarantee that we will be able to find anything wrong with the device, or be able to resolve the startup issues, as the items mentioned above are most likely causing the problem. Even under warranty status, these returns will be at the customers expense if nothing is found to be wrong.