In some cases where using the simulation software the user may want to disable windows updates.
This may allow for the windows instance to remain unchanged, as some windows updates have been known to change operating system structure and impact software use. Please see the instructions below to do this on your computer:
Windows 7 and 8/8.1
- Open Control Panel > System and Security > Turn on or off windows updates
- Set windows updates to never update from the drop down
- Right click on windows icon in lower left corner of task bar.
- Select “Computer Management”.
- Click “Services and Application” in the left hand option window.
- Double Click the “Services” icon with the gear in the window to the right.
- Scroll down to the “Windows Update” option and right click, select “Properties”