Please read through the GC2 Battery Announcement, which suggests a discharge/recharge at least once a month.
Suggested Battery Care:
1. It is highly suggested to continue to cycle charge your GC2 battery every two-three weeks to maintain conditioning of the battery.
2. Make sure to unplug the power supply cable during the night hours when the device is not in use. If the battery charge is getting low you can still use the device while it is plugged in and being recharged. The device will function just the same when plugged into a power outlet.
3. The power voltage readouts on the GC2 can be using the Menu options on the devices LCD. To confirm if the battery is operating correctly check that the voltage level.
To check the Battery Voltage Level:
- From Startup: Upon startup you will wait for the 3rd loading screen (after the GC2 logos) and in the bottom right corner it will read ‘Battery= __._ V ‘
- If the device is already on: Press the ‘<<’ button on the GC2 directly, then hit the ‘down’ button to highlight the word ‘About’ and press ‘OK’. The battery voltage will read ‘Battery= __._ V ‘
Identify if the Battery is Holding a Charge:
- First, check the voltage when you have the power cable plugged in and then the GC2 device is restarted.
- Second, check the voltage when the device is on battery power only without the cable and is restarted.
You will want to see the battery, after a full charge, will maintain a proper battery voltage level as shown below.
Voltage Levels Will Be As Follows:
- 7.1 and below is getting close to being a low or dead battery
- 7.6 - 8.0 is a fully charged battery
- 8.0 or above means the device is in fact receiving power from the Power Supply Cable