Problem: Your GC2 device is not communicating to your software or computer correctly.
Explanation: Your device may be damaged. However, if this is not the case than you may have a failed USB driver installation for the GC2 device. This will be indicated by red X next to the Foresight Driver packed during the installation.
First, you will need to confirm that the driver itself is not corrupt. Follow the steps below to update the driver package:
- Download the raw driver files from this link: Click HERE
- Run the installation (dpinst.exe) once the download is confirmed as complete for the necessary folder.
- x86 is standard 32bit
- x64 is standard 64bit
- XP (operating system is outdated but use if needed)
- Open the devices and printers window. This can be accessed from the windows control panel or by searching windows for "Devices and Printers"
- Locate the "unknown device" representing the GC2. If this is not present be sure to have the customer power on the GC2 device and check to see if the unspecified devices portion populates with a new item.
- Right click on the device and select properties.
- In the properties window, select the hardware tab and click the properties button
- From the new window, within the General tab, select the Change Settings button (this will require admin access to run).
- Now select the driver tab and select the Update Driver... button.
- You may browse for the driver within the windows directory.
- Driver:C:\Program Files (x86)\Foresight Sports\SimulationSoftware\USBDriver_x64 or x86
- If the driver installation continue to fail it is recommended to have the user use a separate computer to instead update to the latest driver package and firmware then return to the original PC and install the new USB driver from the Foresight Sports website > drivers and downloads page