If you are able to connect the GCQuad to your computer but having trouble connecting in the software please see the steps in the guide referenced below:
- Connecting a GCQuad to FSX 2018 Software: Click HERE
If you are having trouble connecting the GCQuad to your computer, please see the steps below:
To connect the GCQuad via WIFI, you will need to first know if your computer gets Internet via Ethernet cable or WiFi?
For Internet via a hardwired Ethernet cable:
- Go to your WIFI settings and search for your GCQuad signal "GCQ00..."
- Select 'Connect' and then click the link that says 'Connect Using A Security Key Instead'
- Type in the GCQuad WIFI security key: FSSPORTS and wait for it to say 'No internet, Secured'
- Open FSX and use the Device Connection Manager to connect your GCQuad to FSX: http://www.foresightsports.com/sites/default/files/files/Device%20Connection%20in%20FSX%20v3_0_0.pdf
For Internet via WiFi, you will need to know if your FSX version is ONLINE or DONGLE:
If your software is the DONGLE version, then disconnect your WIFI Internet connection first and then follow steps 1-4 above.
If your software is the ONLINE version:
- Open the software first
- Minimize the software without exiting. This may require changing your software display settings to be windowed.
- Disconnect your WIFI Internet connection
- Lastly, follow steps 1-4 above.
* Note: You may also select to wire your computer to the internet from an Ethernet Connection, freeing up the WiFi option to connect to your GCQuad.*
* Another option is to purchase a USB WiFi Adapter for your computer to allow two WiFi connection to take place at the same time. *