Confirm that the computer is properly connected to the monitor and/or projector. Foresight Sports recommends using the same connection type (such as HDMI to HDMI) if connecting to two monitors or a projector and a monitor. If using adapters make sure they are working properly.
- Check each end of the cable is plugged in and seated correctly.
Displays Not Recognizing HDMI Cable/Port
- Double-check that the power is on for the projector/Monitor and connected video source such as a laptop or desktop PC.
- Some projector comes with a lens cover make sure the lens cover is open all the way or removed.
- Press the Menu button. If the projector/Monitor menu can display, there may be a problem with the connected video source, cable connection, or port.
- Change inputs, like a TV some projectors/Monitors have different inputs. Either the remote or the projector should have an input button to use on the remote, on the projector, or check within the menu/settings of the projector for input options.
- Check the brightness on the Projector/Monitor.
- If the PC was part of the SIAB purchase or came from us when plugging in the HDMI cable make sure to plug it into the graphic card HDMI ports (normally horizontal port) and not into the motherboard HDMI Port (normally vertical port). That HDMI port is normally not active.
- Try different ports on the PC and different cables.
- Many projectors have light indicators that may flash in some way or change colors on the projector which could indicate an issue if the projector is on, but nothing is displaying on screen (nothing projecting). If you see anything like this you may need to refer to any documentation that came with the projector or head to the manufacturer's website for reference. You may also use a search engine as at times this can be the fastest way to find information or contact the manufacturer's customer support team.
- Connect another monitor to the PC if no image comes from the PC and the projector is on make sure the PC is powered on if still having issues you may need to contact the PC manufacturer's customer support for further expert assistance as their reps would be able to provide the next steps or in-depth troubleshooting with the PC.
- Try a different source like another PC to connect to the projector/monitor if no image comes up you may need to contact the projector manufacturer's customer support for further expert assistance as their reps would be able to provide the next steps or in-depth troubleshooting.
If you need any further assistance below is a link to our Computers & Projectors support page and to submit a support ticket.