This guide will show you how to use the GCHawk Diagnostic Tool (or HDT for short) to allow your GCHawk to produce a complete LogFile, This file will provide a complete record of device communication and errors.
1. Download and install the latest version of the HDT from the link below:
2. Open the tool, and select the drop-down menu in section 1 (click refresh if no device is present as shown in item #1 below). Click the serial number you wish to connect to. Keep in mind that the PC on which this application is installed will need to have an internet connection to complete most functions.
- Note: item #1a allows a GCQuad device to validate through this app as well.
3. If you see Validation Successful (item #3 below) then you can confirm your device is communicating to the server correctly.
4. If you are experiencing an issue and wish to send your device's log file to Technical Support for review, click the 'Get Log File' button (see #4 below).
You will then open your file explorer and head to this file address:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Foresight Sports\Hawk Diagnostic Tool\logs
When there you will see a series of numbers separated by underscores, the middle being the serial number of the device you've pulled a log file for. Attach this log file in an email to the support agent via the open support ticket. If you do not have an open support ticket, please submit a Support Request Online
If you are instructed to send shots, please await instructions from your Technical Support Representative.