Our GCHawk (GCH) launch monitor uses a series of sophisticated cameras to capture, track, and provide data for launch golf balls and golf clubs (if club mode is purchased).
This ceiling mounted device requires calibration by the user, and this device may require recalibration for several reasons which we will outline next...
Issue (one or more of the following):
Not locking, or occasionally is not locking
Not tracking the ball and providing launch data, or occasionally not tracking ball or launch data
Not tracking club data (fiducial or club marker stickers from FSS required)
- Variance in data provided, in either club mode or ball mode
Has been removed from device mounting for storage or cleaning
Hitting area has undergone significant visual changes (IE... new hitting mat, turf, carpet, etc.)
*Has recently been repaired and returned from FSS via RMA
Before recalibration, we will first delete the old calibration file in your computer.
Step 1. Delete Old Calibration:
- Open File Explorer/Windows Explorer on your PC with the folder icon on your taskbar
- With File/Windows Explorer open, please click in the address bar (highlighted below) to type our new location
- In this address bar type: %AppData% and then press enter.
- Now within the Roaming AppData folder, next to the address bar, on the left, click the up-arrow to bring us up one folder-layer.
- Now select and enter the LocalLow folder
- Now select and enter the ForesightSports folder
- Now select and enter the GCHawkSetup folder
- Now inside of the GCHawkSetup folder, locate and delete all WandSamples.json files
- Please empty your recycle bin
Step 2. Recalibration:
- Download the latest GCH Calibration Tool: GCHawk Support & Download Page
- Watch this helpful video below to learn how to calibrate the GCH: GCH Calibration Video (Vimeo)